For a bit I've been contemplating getting rid of this blog all together. Here are the following reasons:
- Blogging is so passe these days with Twitter & Facebook. Who the hell has time to read a full on blog posts complete with fully realized thoughts, points, research & arguments anyway (and I'm not talking about blogs like Cute Overload & such).
- I'm not that important. What I have to say is really only exciting to me, so why bother putting my thoughts, pics, hopes out there when it doesn't really serve a purpose that I can identify in the moment.
- My ego doesn't need people to read my blog anymore. I used to try to get readers from commenting on other blogs & such so more people would think I'm awesome. Now I hardly ever read other peoples blogs (especially political ones) so I don't comment & I think I'm awesome without needing outside opinions.
Here are the reasons I want to keep this blog going:
- It's good for me to keep up some kind of writing practice, even if it's not my best stuff.
- Since probably no one is reading this blog anyway I can be freer concerning point #1.
- I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick of Tweeting & Facebooking and sometimes it's nice to read or see something on the net that is...well not Facebook or Twitter. Perhaps I can provide that.
For now I'm leaning towards keeping the blog & seeing what happens. In the meantime enjoy these pointless videos!
Kanye West – We Were Once A Fairytale (Short Film) - Sound of the City- Watch more Videos at Vodpod.